Total Pageviews

Friday, February 15, 2013

Heart Card

This is my experiment Card. 

I"ve seen many different versions of this card and wanted to give it a shot. It was my first time using my art sewing kit.. I'll def need some more practice! haha :) Didn't exactly turn out like what I had in my head but regardless, it looks kinda cool for my first time :) 

heart-card-sewing-kit-crafts 


heart-card-martha-stewart-punch
I used my Martha Stewart heart punch and punched out 6 shades of reds/pinks. 


Then I folded each heat in half

heart-card-martha-stewart-punch
I then glued down only the crease in the middle of each heart. 


hearts-card-pink-red

craft-sewing-kit-card-making
This is the sewing kit I used... 


Here we go, I used the straight sewing tool and punctures holes threw the hearts and the card. I had to go threw a couple spots with the needle tool because I had some trouble going threw the hearts.  

swing-card-hearts
I used 3 different thread colours. 


swing-card-hearts

swing-card-hearts
I then used my pink distress ink and distressed the card. I used a kitchen sponge because my
 Ranger one is full of dark coloured distress ink. It did a not bad job.   


swing-card-hearts
Then I used my Glossy Accents and added a dot to the middle of each heart.  


swing-card-hearts
I then distressed the edges of the hearts with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain ink to 
make them stand out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment