Friday, February 15, 2013
This is my experiment Card.
I"ve seen many different versions of this card and wanted to give it a shot. It was my first time using my art sewing kit.. I'll def need some more practice! haha :) Didn't exactly turn out like what I had in my head but regardless, it looks kinda cool for my first time :)
I used my Martha Stewart heart punch and punched out 6 shades of reds/pinks.
Then I folded each heat in half
I then glued down only the crease in the middle of each heart.
This is the sewing kit I used...
Here we go, I used the straight sewing tool and punctures holes threw the hearts and the card. I had to go threw a couple spots with the needle tool because I had some trouble going threw the hearts.
I used 3 different thread colours.
I then used my pink distress ink and distressed the card. I used a kitchen sponge because my
Ranger one is full of dark coloured distress ink. It did a not bad job.
Then I used my Glossy Accents and added a dot to the middle of each heart.
I then distressed the edges of the hearts with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain ink to
make them stand out more.