Total Pageviews

Friday, February 15, 2013

Get Well Soon Card: Tutorial

Get Well Soon Card
Step by Step

get-well-soon-card-full-of-hearts


distress-ink-making-envelope-paper-bag
You can always buy mini envelopes, I just didn't have one handy.
So.. I took a small plain brown paper bag and turn it into a cute envelope! 
Distressed the edges with Tim Holtz ink pad. 

distress-ink-making-envelope-paper-bag
I stamped on a 'get well soon' sentiment with the Black Archinval Ink.
I then coloured in the stamp with Tim Holtz beige pen.  

Tim-Holtz-distress-ink-hearts-card
With my Martha Stewart punch, I punched out a bunch of different pink/red tones of hearts.
I distressed with two different ink pads the edges of the hearts to make them stand out. 

Tim-Holtz-distress-ink-hearts-card
I used a $1.50 set of envelope and blank thin white cards. I rounded the edges.
I added a yellow cardstock for the background and rounded those edges as well.
I then started placing my hearts. I wanted them to look like they were exploding out of the envelope.

Tim-Holtz-distress-ink-hearts-card
Kept adding and adding some more hearts :) Trying to give them a layered look.
I used glue dots and regular glue sticks to give them a bit of dimensions   

get-well-soon-card-full-of-hearts
There we go! I was very pleased with the outcome. Always so hard to know when to stop 
adding hearts haha. I kept saying okay just one more, one more :P ..

get-well-soon-card-full-of-hearts-3
Me and my famous Glossy Accents haha. I added some clear dimensional medium to a few hearts here and there to give them an added touch. I find it makes it more interactive and looks alot more dimensional. They look a little frosty on this picture because I had just applied it, it will dry clear :)   

get-well-soon-card-full-of-hearts
A nice closeup view. Im very happy with my outcome! Yay! heehee!!! :D 


******
This took time and patience but so worth it!! 
Give it a shot, it can be a ''I love you'' card 
for a special someone ;) 
******

Nadine xo

No comments:

Post a Comment