Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Tutorial : Embellish boring tags.

With a little patience, you can turn anything boring 
into something neat! Play around with it and be creative!


This is a ticket stub from K&Company valentines line. Its nice and plain so I decided to amp it up. 

K&Company-Love-Tag-Distress

I used Tim Holtz distress ink pads for this project. First I used the ink pad colour called Rusty Hinge and distressed the edges and with my finger sponge I dabed it onto the surface to give it a distressed look. I didn't think the edges were dark enough so I then used the colour ink pad called Walnut Stain and distressed only the edges to give it that nice dark aged look. I then used my Sparkle Pen and added some shimmer to the word Love. I also used a sparkle marker and lightly went over the pink frames, just enough to give it a little tiny bit of shine. Hard to see it in the picture.


I then added my new favorite art supply (haha).. Glossy Accents.. this gives it a nice thick layer of gloss and gives it a nice shine. There we have it, my end results.

Tim-Holtz-Distress-Ink-tag-glossy

Tim-Holtz-Distress-Ink-tag-glossy


No comments:

Post a Comment