Total Pageviews

Monday, February 17, 2014

Card In A Box : Butterflies



My work station.. trying to figure out what I want the inside of the card to look like..
I distressed all the butterflies and stars edges using Tim Holtz distress Ink.

I then cut 4 pieces of clear window sheet and glued 2 on each panel on the inside.
I purposely glued them on an angle in order to make my butterflies look like their flying away.




I then glued them down one by one till I was happy with the look.
I then added some glitter to the edges of the wings on the butterflies using a gold gel pen. When you move the card side to side the glitter really shines, it was a little hard to capture that in this image with the lighting. 

I then added some Glossy Accents to the butterflies... this allowed the gold glitter to shine better and also gave them dimension and a nice gloss. As they dried, it curled the paper a bit and this effect turned out great since it made it look like the butterflies are flying away. In the picture below shows my little system of drying the glossy accents in layers HAHA... I probably should have added them before gluing them down to the card... but in the end it turned out good.

No comments:

Post a Comment