Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Christmas Card using acetate

Check out below for a step by step.
I glued a gold sticker to the front of a acetate sheet. I cut the sheet according to my card size

I used my spellbinder and cut out my desire shape to make an opening in the front of the card.
I then glued down the acetate to the card base making sure not to get any glue on the clear areas.

Below is the spellbinder I used to cut out the hole in the middle of the front of the card.
I also used the same shape to cut out the outer frame for the inside of the card.. this is needed to mask the glue holding up the clear acetate.

The front looked too bare for my taste so...

I added some red stampin' up glitter to the boarder to make it stand out more.
This picture was taken when the glitter was still fresh and wet.

There we have it!! The finish product..
I could always add some dimension to it by adding some flowers or greens the the outer boarder of the front of the card.. it's all about what kind of feel you want it to have so have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment