Total Pageviews

Monday, July 01, 2013

Fun Gate Fold Card Tutorial : Baby Theme

Fun Gate Fold Card Tutorial 
Baby Theme

gate-fold-card-baby-theme

Start with a 6" x 12" double sided cardstock paper. 
Score at 2", 4", 8" and 10".

Then cut the 2 top corners starting at the 4" score mark and choose the amount you would like to cut off. For this card I made a line at the 3 1/8" and cut diagonally. I did the same step for the other side. This is what gives the gate fold card this fun look. You can cut more or less depending on what kind of look your going for. 

I used my cutting board to cut the lines diagonally (keep the scrap pieces for later!!)

This is what you should end up with once you fold the creases. gate-fold-card-baby-theme

Cut out a strip of paper 1 1/2" x 9". You can make it x8", I just like to have some extra paper to work with and more area to glue down the pieces together. Up to you.



The strap is what will help hold your card closed and adds that extra fun element. 


gate-fold-card-baby-theme

I thought it still needed a little something... some colour.. Didn't know witch ribbon looked better!!

Ended up going with the bright pink ribbon! Brighten up the card a little bit.
gate-fold-card-baby-theme


I still thought it needed an extra something... So I ended up using my SCRAP PAPER that I had cut off at the start and glued them down in the opposite direction. 
gate-fold-card-baby-theme

Doesn't it look so much better!!! 
gate-fold-card-baby-theme

There we have it, the finished product! Pretty happy with this one :) 
gate-fold-card-baby-theme

No comments:

Post a Comment